Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hindu Temple ( Building form derived from Parti)

This is a progression of my building form. It is derived the idea of an energy that is limitless and encompasses all without a fixed axis. This is displayed by the spiraling gallery that begins at the entry and connects all the building elements as it ultimately leads to the temple. Below are the steps I  took to convey this. 






 First I developed the idea of energy that will encapsulate the building. This is displayed as the red ribbon -like form which will become my gallery.
 Next I developed the idea of a spherical mass which the red band will encapsulate. I chose a spherical form because it mimics the form of the earth. It is representation of the omnipresence of the energy of the Hindu religion (the red band),  around the entire world. (the blue sphere)


 Finally I deconstructed the sphere to further develop the form of the  rest of
my building. This form will become the basis of my design.

1 comment:

  1. The series of sketches start to show the transformation of the massing through strong ideas of the hindu faith. I would like to see scaled drawings - plans and sections in the site.

    ReplyDelete